In India, the insurance industry consists of 53 insurance companies, out of which 29 agencies provide health insurance. Approximately 30% of the nation’s population opts for health insurance. As the health insurance industry continues to grow at an annual rate, more and more people are spending time comparing and purchasing a policy.
When you apply for an insurance claim and the insurance provider, whom you have paid the premiums to get assistance in case of medical emergencies, may deny the claim. So, it is necessary to be careful when purchasing a plan and it is also vital to re-examine the details of the policies that are already held.
Read on to attain some essential insurance claim advice
- Never suppress the important details. The insurers usually fix the premium rates based on the information offered by you that generally includes your occupation, age, record of pre-existing diseases, tobacco-liquor intake, family record of health issues and details of other policies, which you hold. Therefore, it is a bad idea to suppress details to lower the premium amount.
- Never avoid any medical tests. Although majority of the insurance providers ask you to perform a compulsory medical test before approving the proposal. But there are several insurance providers, who waive this condition off in the insurance claim. This is always in the best interest of the insured people to have the medical tests done to exclude the chance of having the pre-existing health issues as the reason of rejection.
- Fill the form by yourself. Most the people depend on the insurance advisors or agents to fill up the insurance form without knowing the fact that even a single omission of detail can jeopardize the health insurance plans. So, it is always advisable to sit with the agent and fill the form by yourself to decrease the chance of missing out any details. Besides, this way, you can also be rest assured that you have followed all the rules thoroughly.
- Never let the health insurance policy lapse. The claims can only be settled while the policy remains active. Therefore, you must set a reminder for the due dates of any premium payments. Use aggregators calendars to keep track of renewal dates. Not paying the premium within the right time can lead to lapse of the policy, even a claim made after just a day of the policy’s lapse would be rejected by the insurer.
- Verify all the policy related documents. After receiving the policy document, it is important to verify all the details properly. Report the errors/mismatches immediately to the insurer to make sure that the errors get rectified.
Owing to the increasing number of lifestyle diseases, health insurance is becoming a necessity for people. Over 60 million Indians are afflicted by diabetes alone. It is only practical to ensure that one’s insurance policy is reliable to obtain an insurance claim instantly when required. But, first you need a good policy, which can be purchased after making comparisons between different policies.
Labels: Featured, Health Insurance, health insurance plans, insurance provider